Monday, December 28, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Wishing everyone a Happy New Year early.

Well, another year has gone by. I find that the older I get the faster time seems to go by. Do you ever feel that way?

We had a quiet Christmas this year. We did the last of our traveling visiting family in November, so it was just us for Christmas.

The hubs surprised me and the kids about a week and a half before Christmas by taking us to a tree farm! We were going to cut down our own tree. We were all excited. We hadn't had a real tree since 2000. That year we moved two days after Christmas and the hubs wasn't about to buy any more real trees....and we didn't. Until this year. Last year our tree stand broke and couldn't be fixed....so, the daughter and I wore him down it seems and off we headed to the tree farm.


It was a blustery, cold afternoon when we headed out to go look for the tree and after about a half an hour of looking and starting to get numb, we found what we thought was the PERFECT tree.

We stopped by the petting zoo area to warm up a bit by fire the fire and check out the different animals.
I couldn't believe my eyes, but they had two deer and they were so friendly. One of them came right up to the fence where I was taking a picture. This deer had the most beautiful, big brown eyes.

Then we went in for some hot chocolate to thaw out all the way. Not too long after that we headed home to set the tree up.

Here she is all decroated and lit on Christmas Day.

We have a two story foyer and this was the only spot on the first floor where it would fit without having to have a domino effect of rearranging furniture. I loved having it here. First thing we see when we walk down stairs and last thing we see when we head upstairs. I have lots of fave ornaments. Some sentimental because my kids made them and some just because they warm my heart to see them because they remind me of the person that gave them to us. Here is one of my many faves.


As the year comes to an end I look back and have to say we have been very blessed this year. Our lovely daughter graduated from high school and is embarking on a new chapter in her life...college! Our strapping young son turned 15 and is turning into a pretty good basketball player; and my sister has battled cancer and is a survivor! I am beyond blessed with a wonderful husband and two wonderful children.

Praying for God's continued blessings in 2010 and that you and yours are blessed as well.
To all my blog friends...
Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!













Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Sue said...

What a beautiful post! Your tree looks lovely! Happy and blessed New Year to you and your family!