Wednesday, August 26, 2009

READING....

I love the library. Last year several books came out that I wanted to get my hot little hands on and sit in my fave chair and just read. I dropped very obvious hints to my children and hubby for these books for Mom's Day or Christmas or even my birthday, but they had ideas of their own. So, a year later and a dollar short...(haha) I am now perusing these books and am enjoying each one. Great tips and great reads.



Our library is able to have books sent to it from other libraries in the area and I was very lucky to get my hot little hands on this one. Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule just released so I am super excited about being able to have the opportunity to read through it and look at the projects.


I also had the opportunity to read this one as well. The French Inspired Home by Kari Meng. I love anything with toile in any color and the relaxed look of all the rooms and ideas in this book just inspired me so much.



Kari Meng also has a new book coming out and I was fortunate enough to be able to thumb through it at my quilt store! Yep, apparently Kari has a new line of fabric coming out and my quilt store was putting together all the fabric kits in sweet, lovely fabric bundles. I love the striped , red hemp fabric and all the projects in this book. She even has workshops and book signings. You can check out her website for other products that she offers at

https://www.frenchgeneral.com/
In other news, school just started. It's been a little hard this week trying to get in to a routine. Hopefully by next week things will settle down and we will be in a groove.

Looking forward to Fall. It is one of my favorite seasons next to Summer. I love apple picking and making apple butter and apple fritters and apple pies. I also like the smell of apple cider simmering on a stove with a cinnamon stick in it. Yummy!
I enjoy the days being shorter and the crisp, cool air. I have always enjoyed living in a state that has changing seasons. So, I am looking forward to pulling out the sweaters and drinking some hot chocolate and cooking up a lot of soup.

What's your favorite season? What are you reading?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Sachiko said...

Oh, you have listed all the books I love. My most favorite is the one from French General. I love her style!

Sue said...

I enjoy each season, although I always feel alittle sad to see summer end. I love being outside, having the windows open; just the whole idea of summer. But I do love fall, the spring, and even winter. Think I'll make myself a list for inter-library loan!