Thursday, January 29, 2009

CHICKEN MARASALA...the recipe!

Okay ladies, if you want to enjoy a nice candle light dinner with your husbands...then this is the recipe for you. Send the kids off to a friends house for the night and enjoy a nice quiet evening together with dinner and movie!

I have always cooked this and wondered if it really tasted the way it was supposed to. I had the opportunity to eat in a Maggiano's restaurant. It is a popular Italian restaurant. I ordered Chicken Marsala and guess what???? This recipe I am about to share tasted just like the Chicken Marsala I had in this restaurant. So, there is your endorsement.

Please note that I am sharing the recipe as I have acquired it. Meaning I am writing it down as it was written. Please feel free to add, delete, increase, decrease as it applies to your family. I have made it so often, I don't measure anymore. It's a quick, elegant dish that will impress.

So here it goes.....

Chicken Marsala

4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
1 C. All purpose flour, for dredging
salt
pepper
1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
1 C. cremini mushrooms, chopped
1/2 C. sweet Marsala wine
1/2 C. chicken stock
2 TBS. unsalted butter
1/4 C. chopped flat leaf parsley

I take my chicken breasts and slice them in half so I get twice the amount of chicken. Also, halving it like this allows for faster cooking as well. I then put about 1 C. of all purpose flour in a pie plate and sprinkle in a good healthy pinch of salt and do about four grinds of fresh pepper. Stir it up a bit and start dredging the chicken. Coat both sides.

Meanwhile, I like to use a non stick skillet for the next step. Heat up your skillet on a medium high flame with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Once warm, place your chicken in the pan. You will want to hear it sizzle. Fry the cutlets in the pan until they have a golden skin to them. you will only turn the chicken once. Do this in batches if the pieces don't fit comfortably in your pan. Once they are golden on each side, remove them from the pan.

Next, you will lower the heat. Then you will add the mushroom and saute until they are nicely brown. I cook then about five minutes. You will want to do a pinch of salt and pepper in this step as well. Pour in your Marsala wine and boil down for a minute to cook off the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce slightly. Stir in butter and return chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute to heat chicken through. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.

Enjoy!Pin It Now!

No comments: