Monday, January 19, 2009

What's for dinner?



Todays dinner is Chicken Cacciatore over angel hair pasta with a salad and some bread.
Here is the recipe for EasyChicken Cacciatore:

Ingredients:

1 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (I cut them in half to get 12 thinner pieces of chicken)
1TBSP. olive oil, divided
1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. sliced, fresh mushrooms
1C. zucchini, sliced
2 , 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato puree ( I usually buy the big can and use half of it)
1 C. low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper ( I eyeball it. I do a big pinch of salt and grind the pepper mill a few times)

In a pie pan I place the flour and add salt and pepper. Combine with a fork and then dredge each peace of chicken in the flour mixture. In a large non stick skillet I have about a tablespoon of olive oil warming up on medium heat. Do not let the pan get too hot. If you see it starting to smoke, your pan is too hot. You don't want oil spitting back up at you. You want the chicken to sizzle when you place it in the pan. Cook the chicken about four minutes on each side until it has a golden color and remove from the pan. In the same skillet add the onioins and mushrooms and the chicken broth and cook until tender. I then add the chicken back in at this point and add the tomato puree and the diced tomatoes and the zucchini and the Itallian seasoning. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes. While chicken is simmering you will want to put your pasta on . Drain pasta and serve chicken mixture over noodles.

Servings: 12
(NOTE: because I cut my chicken breast in half, I yield more chicken pieces. This allows for seconds or lunch for the next day for hubby)
Enjoy ! Let me know if you use the recipe and what additions you may have made to make it your own.
Pin It Now!

No comments: