Monday, January 26, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken ...the recipe!

Anyone I have ever cooked this for loves it and always wants the recipe. It's by no means a low calorie meal with this chicken and the mac and cheese I serve, but it tastes good and it is not something I cook all the time. I cook it every once in a while. I had a request by one of my children for this, so here you go.

Oven Fried Chicken

6 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast that I have cut to make thinner
1 (2 oz.) envelope ranch salad dressing mix
2 C. buttermilk (if I don't have it on hand, I use my regular milk)

breading:

1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

In a large resealable food storage plastic bag, combine chicken, salad dressing mix and buttermilk. Seal bag; turn bag several times to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray your baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a shall dish ( I use a pyrex glass pie plate) combine all breading ingredients; mix well. Remove chicken pieces one at a time from the buttermilk mixture. Dip chicken in breading, turning to coat completely; shake off excess. Place chicken in your baking pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.

I don't have a serving size to give you persae. Usually when I make this I have my six pounds of boneless skinless breast that I cut in half and then have double the amount of chicken. Let's just say there is plenty for seconds of our family of four and lunch for the next day. So, it makes a gracious plenty!

Tomorrow I will be sharing the sweet bourbon salmon recipe. If you have ever been to Lonestar Steak House and ordered their Sweet Bourbon Salmon, then you will love this recipe. It is very close to what they serve there. I will also be revealing some of my sources that I use for recipes.

Enjoy! Let me know if you use the recipe and whether you liked it or not.Pin It Now!

1 comment:

BumbleBee Bagz said...

wow-o-wow-o-wo! I cannot wait to try this!