Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas and saying goodbye to 2008!



Our Christmas - 2008

Christmas was quiet and slowed down quite a bit this year. No going out of town or running around. We got our tree up just days before Christmas. I know, I know, how ridiculous is that??? I only decorated a few areas of the house this year. The mantel was a given. Then I put a few of our Dept. 16 houses on the piano and some garland and bows around the banister in the foyer. I love snowmen. I have been collecting them for the past few years and only have a few so far, but hope that the collection grows over the years. So I sprinkeled them around as well. Enjoy some photos of our home at Christmas. Sorry the photos aren't the best. We had a couple of back to back snow storms followed by an ice storm, so no sunny days to help out with the pics.

Here is our mantel




and the banister.






A couple of snowmen................

Several years ago I belonged to a yahoo group that was a crafty and fun bunch of gals. We did trades and swaps and chatted everyday. We came from all over the country and even outside the country. I did a swap with a gal from our group from Canada. She was and is still a wonderful painter. She painted this free standing manger scene for me. I loved it then and still love it now. I always wonder how she and her family are doing each year I bring it out.


I hope you enjoyed a little of what our Christmas was like this year.











Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Taracotta said...

Hey Cheryl....it's me Taracotta (Tara Perry) from years ago. I see you still put out the painted "O Holy Night" I did for ya. I saw your post on Cedara's blog and would love to reconnect again...I have a blog too. www.Taracotta.blogspot.com if you'd like to check it out. I'll sit down with a cup of tea and check out yours too. HUGS and Happy New Year.