Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update on the masterbedroom

My back is feeling much better and I am hoping to do a mini reveal on Friday.  I have been having the hardest time finding drapes for our room. I have been looking for white ones and long ones at that.  We have odd sized windows that either require custom drapes or spending the extra money to purchase the length we need.  I found some beautiful Shabby Chic ones at Target, but they weren't the correct length.  Been looking online and it seems I may have found some at IKEA.  Only thing is that this room redo is on a major budget and I will need to save up to purchase these drapes.  I think they will finish of the room and give it the softness and airiness that I am going for.  Until then, I will share with you what I have so far and you all can give me tips of what I can change or add or whatever.

In the meantime, you must go take a look at Tina's blog.  She posted recently about some hemstitch pillows she made for her bed and I gotta tell ya, I was just in awe of them.  So beautiful....and all done by hand.  You must go take a look see.
http://therubieplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/spring-fever-some-diy-linen-pillow.html

She has inspired me with her beautiful handwork to make a runner for my dresser.  I am going to give this project a go and if I am successful I will share with you all.

Summer has drawn to an end and Fall is upon us ...well, not here in Louisiana cause it's still stinking hot, but in other parts of the states crisp cool days are ahead.  I love them and will miss the changing of the leaves and the crisp, coolness in the air.  This time of year always had me reaching for a warm cup of hot chocolate or tea and making lots of hearty soups to warm our bellies.  It has also gotten me thinking that Christmas is not too far off.  I like to give handmade to our family around the holidays and I am in need of some inspiration.  Are you making handmade for the holidays this year?  If so, please share.

Have a great day!Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Enjoyed the peeks at Tina's pillows! She seems to have a very clean, vintage look; quite pretty! Glad to hear your back is better. Looking forward to a look at your room!