Monday, November 05, 2012

:::FALL MANTEL AND ENTRYWAY:::

I hope you had a good weekend.  We did.  Beautiful weather and football!  ROLL TIDE!!!  go RAVENS!
Yeah, I know, it's all so wrong.  We live in Louisiana and I don't root for the home team, but hey, I didn't go to LSU so no love loss there.  Heck, I didn't go to Alabama either, but I love their team.  ; )   Now we are from Maryland, so I have to root for the Ravens whenever they play.

Moving on to the fall mantel.  I was finally able to finish my fall canvas.  I am really pleased with how it came out and I love the pop of color the mantel brings to our family  room.


I bought the orange foliage,  pip berries , white pumpkins , wheat  and the moss balls from Hobby Lobby when all their fall stuff was on sale.  The wood tray that the pumpkins are sitting in I already had.  I bought it at a yard sale for a $1.00 years ago.  I already had the blue mason jars and the white pitcher.  I absolutely fell head over heals for the white pumpkins this year.   I love the neutral fall look, but wanted a pop of color. So I set out to make this quote canvas.  It took a while to finish up because I did it all old school.  I actually picked all the fonts and then traced them right from my computer to paper and then used carbon paper to trace the words onto the canvas.  Once that was all done I outlined all the words in white paint and then filled them in.

Next I added a touch of fall to our entryway.  I purchased three bags of acorns from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale and filled up some glass jars I already had..  Placed some candles on top and called it done.

Our orange trees are finally ready to pick.  Can't wait to eat them. I have shared before that we have  a Satsuma orange tree and a Meyer lemon tree.  I will share the harvest tomorrow.

Have a great day in your little corner of the world.





Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I love the quote canvas! It's just beautiful, and so colorful. I pinned it!
Have a blessed Sunday!

Cheryl said...

Wow Traci! How sweet of you.
I am enjoying creating scripture canvases for my home. I have one rolling around in my head for Christmas.

Gen said...

Your fall decor looks great, you did a wonderful job on the quote!