Monday, January 28, 2008

Did some sewing this weekend




I am so amazed by the wonderful bloggers out their that take the time to put tutorials together and post them with wonderful directions and pictures. I am even more amazed when the same bloggers go through the trouble to make a pattern to share with a bunch of novice sewers like myself. Linda over at Craft Apple is one of these folks. I you haven't seen her blog, you have to go take a look. She is a super sweet person to boot. What more could you ask for? Several months ago I ordered a couple of patterns from her and wasn't able to try them out until this weekend. I stumbled on her blog a few months ago and fell in love with those cute patchfolios she makes. I just had to have the pattern so I could have a go at it and see if I could make one. This Saturday, I gave it a go. Her pattern was fabulous. She writes wonderfully clear directions and diagrams and she had pattern pieces for you to cut out as well. Take a look at my patchfolio. It has its flaws and my pattern combo isn't as good as hers, but I was happy with the result so much so that I am planning on making more.
Here is a link to Linda's blog.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the pattern!!! And your words are so kind. Thank you!

I'm quite sure I have some of that striped fabric in my stash - fun fun! You did a great job.

I'm sorry I didn't comment sooner. I started to this morning, then got distracted like I do 30 times/day, everyday. Whew! Have fun making more! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda. : )
Wish I could sew all day, but like you I get distracted. LOL, errands need running and house needs cleaned. With your clever idea of quilting two at a time though; I probably might be able to make two at a time the next time I sit down to sew.
Take care,
Cheryl