Friday, August 07, 2009

Soft Furnishings

Have you ever seen any of Katrin Cargill's soft furnishings books? I love her style. Her spaces use beautiful fabrics and colors and they always look so inviting. I absolutely love this window covering and haven't been able to find out how to make it. I have an idea just from looking at the picture, but I would have to do a prototype to figure it out if it's right.


Photo: David Montgomery



She has written several books. She is most notably known for her soft furnishings books. She usually has about thirty or so projects in them to make. She has a book titled The Curtain Bible. I went to Amazon.com and read the reviews. Unfortunately, most folks have said the book has beauiful photographs for inspiration, but directions on how to make the curtinas step-by-step are lacking. I was so bummed to read that because I am a very visual person. I need step-by-step pictures to help me complete the project.

I have been wanting to redo my window coverings in my master bathroom. This just may be the one. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to make it.



edited:

While surfing around, it was absolutely serendipity that I came across this site.It is the exact window covering and there are step-by-step visual directions on how to put it together. The only thing lacking is good directions on how to do the cording, but that's okay. I am going to give it a try.

http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/Materials_121120.htmlPin It Now!

No comments: