Thursday, February 18, 2010

A beautiful home tour





Today I want to share a beautiful home with you. It is the home of Maria at http://vintagesimplehome.blogspot.com/

You may have seen her home showcased if you have visited

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/02/sneak-peek-maria-garuti-of-vintage-simple.html



Or maybe you stop by her blog daily. In any case, she has wonderful style and uses white and wood tones wonderfully. The color, textures and her attention to detail make each room a serene and inviting place to be.

Here is a pic of her living room which is at the front of the home.



photo by Maria of Vintage Simple

I love the warm color she has on the walls and the beadboard at the entrace is just beautiful. Here is another photo of the living room from a different angle. Don't you just love the character of this house? Look at that lovely arch.


photo by Maria of Vintage Simple

Look a the wide moldings at the bottom and the beautiful wood floors. See that coffee table there? That was a curbside side find that she gave a little love to. I think it looks lovely. Love the white with the stained top.

Take at look at this bathroom remodel she and her hubby did. They gutted this bathroom so that they could update it. Previously it was pink and very dated.



photo by Maria of Vintage Simple

We see more beadboard again. Love it and look at that ceiling! The tin is so unexpected but looks right at home in this room. I have always been a fan of subway tile and tub area as well as the flooring look beautiful.

I will leave you with a pic of one of the most ingenious ideas for rehabbing their house below. Raise your hand if you can't stand those ugly builder grade bifold doors on closets.... Um , yeah, that would be me. Take a look at what they did with theirs so that they would be in keeping with the style they were going for in their home.



photo by Maria of Vintage Simple




I absolutely love it! She actually shares how they achieved this look on her blog.



I encourage you to stop by and say "hello" to Maria and read about the story of her home on her sidebar . Not many of us know the history of our homes, but she does.

Maria, you are a decorating inspiration for me. I will be moving this summer and this look you have in your home is something that I am going for. It says, "Come on in and stay a while." As I get older I am finding it's all about the "casual ease" of decorating and living. Simple, yet elegant.


A big thank you to Maria for letting me take you on a tour of her lovely home.Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home!!! I love the clean crisp look~

Sabrina said...

Love this house too...the bathroom is to die for!

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Thank you so much for the feature and your kind words..! I'm blushing, dear. :) Thanks again!

best,
-maria

TheVirginiaHouse said...

As you know I love her site too!! thank you for coming by and leaving such nice comments! I appreciate your thoughts on the boys room too. My oldest is so excited at any changes we make! I am so with you on not overdoing the "cowboy" thing, that is a fine balance. I loved the idea of the denim walls, but my budget didn't allow for it. I hope to finish it up next week, so stop back in and take a look! Thanks again!

jamie said...

What a charming home! I love the soft colors and all the lovely details. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Brenda said...

What a wonderful place to be able to call home...Love everything about it - thank you for sharing it with us..I had seen her blog about the doors, but had not looked at the rest of the house! WOW..

thanks for stopping by to check out my floors -

Faded Plains said...

What a beautiful and cozy home...off to visit her blog...thanks fo sharing it with us.

Jessica said...

It's been a little while since I stopped by, so I don't know how long you've had it, but I just wanted to tell you that I love your new blog design! Very relaxing and homey!!

Every time I use the cathedral window pincushion you sent me, I think of you!

Have a blessed day!

Faded Plains said...

Hi Cheryl ~ I noticed that you left me a comment about sending me an email...but I never received one...if you have any questions...please don't hesitate to ask ;o)

~Andrea

TheVirginiaHouse said...

Your blog is the first place I've seen a link to "me"! Thank you! I would love to see pictures of your new home. I'm a house junky!