Tuesday, December 04, 2012

:::CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR:::



Welcome to our home..


Christmas is my favorite time of year.  Our family finds great joy in giving at this time of year.  So, it's not uncommon for us to totally spoil someone or some family with things they "need" and they never know where it came from. 




I love the homes with all the glitter glamour and sparkle.  Everything looks so pretty and shiny.  For our family though, I like to keep things simple.  I like to decorate with things that are meaningful to us as a family as well as the reason for the season.  We have lived many places and it wasn't until about a little over ten years ago that we had a fireplace that I could actually decorate.  Front and center always is our nativity scene.  I bought this  nativity 23 years ago before my husband and I got married.  I love bringing it out every Christmas.  It reminds me of our very first Christmas together when we only had about fifteen ornaments on the tree and our little nativity.

About five years ago I started collecting snowmen.  I just love them.  They make me smile.  This year I thought it would be fun to have them all together in one area.  I chose the kitchen.  Welcome to Frosty's Snowflake cafe!  Grab a cuppa hot chocolate or cider and a cookie and stay a while.



One tradition that we have is buying a CD or two each year to add to our Christmas music collection.  As you can see here we tend to like the oldies, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and Brenda Lee.

OOh, see those recipes to the left there?? Another one of our favorite traditions is baking cookies and fudge.  Mexican Wedding cookies, which look like little snowballs are my absolute favorite and a must each Christmas.  This year we will also be making some fudge.  My mother-in-law makes the best fudge. It really is truly delicious.  Shhhh, don't tell, but I am going to share the recipe with you.....

Grandmas Christmas Fudge

2 pkgs. semi sweet bakers chocolate
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2C. chopped walnuts

Microwave chocolate and milk in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted.  Be sure to stir  half way through heating time.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Then, stir in vanilla and walnuts.  Spread in a foil lined 8 in. square pan.  Refrigerate for two hours or until firm.

That's it, it's that easy and oh so yummy!

Moving on to our dining room .  We gave our dining room table and chairs away last year.  We bought this table over the summer, but have yet to purchase chairs.



From all of us
to all of you
we wish you a blessed Christmas and a joyous New Year! 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Gen said...

Love your home Cheryl!! You have it looking beautiful for the holidays. I also love your traditions. I have featured you today on my blog :) http://eweniquetreasures.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-home-tour.html

Cheryl said...

Gen you are too sweet! Looking forward to seeing your stockings hung.