Monday, January 14, 2013

::A NEW YEAR...A FRESH START:::

Happy New Year!

I know it's belated, but just the same I hope you and yours have a wonderful 2013!

Our holiday with family was wonderful.  For the first time in many years, we went back "home"...where we grew up to be with family for the holidays.  We have lived so very far away from family for many years.  Traveling back for a family of four by plane was always too expensive.  We decided to drive this year.  Man, was it a long drive, but worth it.  We got to see my husbands family and my family and some old friends.

As the children head back to college I find myself taking down the all the holiday decorations.  Everything is bare again.  We have had so much rain here of late as well.  So everything is all gray.  I am dreaming  up ideas of what to do with our mantel now that Christmas is over.  I am craving pops of bright, summery colors.

Now that we are midway through the new year, I have come up with a "word' for the year.  I want to not only have this word applied to my decorating life, but my personal life as well.  My word for the new year is

SIMPLICITY

I have already been applying it.  I have cleaned out our pantry and am in the process of redoing the guest room/sewing room.  I have been throwing things out and have done a couple of trips to the local thrift store to make donations of "stuff."  It's a good feeling. 

As I am getting older, I find beauty in the simple things. I am content with things we have and feel blessed to have them.  Don't get me wrong, I love to decorate and shop, but so many people don't have that luxury.  Much less a roof over their head or clothes or shoes for their feet.  So, looking at the year ahead, I will be intentional about simplicity in my life.  This will apply to the blog as well.  Look for a face lift on the header and the blog as well.  I will be streamlining it to give it a simple, clean look and I also we be only blogging two three days a week.  I have recently got a job and will share more about that later on.

Thank you for stopping by.
Have a blessed day in your little corner of the world.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, your blog is sweet and homey : ) I love reading your thoughts!

Love always,
Jen