Monday, April 08, 2013

::TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG::

Yes, that question has been pondering my mind the past couple of months.  It's been that long since I have posted.

A few weeks prior to the new year I got a part-time job.  I have told my husband it's my dream job.  I work in a quilt shop.  I am around fabric all day , everyday and I love it.  Different people bring in their projects and ask us to help them find something to finish it off.  Often we get ladies that come in with show and tell.  Which I have to say is our absolute favorite time.  Some of the talent out there in the quilting world is extraordinary. 

Getting back into the groove of working took a little longer than I thought.  I needed to get the house chores on a different schedule and fit it into my working schedule.  I didn't really get any sewing time in up until a month ago.

I have made a few things.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble uploading pics.  I have made handwarmers from old shirts and charms squares.  I also made a sweet chenille bunny that was part of an Easter package I sent to my sweet nieces.  I finished my daughters quilt and sent it to her for her birthday.  I also learned how to make  a  pillowcase.  Oh my, it's the most fun to sew a pillowcase and the fabric combos are endless!  I have already decided that everyone in our family will be getting a pillowcase, pajamas and slippers all handmade for Christmas this year.  I have a friend that is having a baby VERY SOON.  As in a week!  I have made her some burp cloths, receiving blankets and under the needle as I type a baby quilt.  While I haven't been blogging, I have had time to sew.  : )

I have several other projects on the list I want to accomplish in the next month or so.  Here they are:

 - Piece, quilt and bind a quilt for my son.  I already have the fabrics cut out.

- Make pillow shams for the master bedroom.  I already have the fabric.

- table runner for buffet and coffee table

- make quilts for OUR HOME!!  One to snuggle with and one to display.

Yep, that's right.  I am doing a lot of quilting and making for others and I have yet to make a quilt for our home.  So that is one BIG thing on my list I would like to get done before December rolls around.  Wish me luck on that.

I hope you are having a blessed day in your little corner of the world.

Cheryl

Pin It Now!

No comments: