Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What a tease.....

Spring is being such a tease here in the midwest. We have these beautiful days of warm weather and then it's cold again. It's so crazy as it is April and we are all ready for warmer weather.

Even though it has been cool, those warm days have started to jump start things into blooming like crazy around here. Seems the flower...or should I say bulb to plant is tulips. I see them everywhere and in so many colors. I may have to plant some of my own this year so I can see them bloom next year. We are in desperate need of landscaping our home. We have a lot of mulch to put down and some soil to build up grading in some areas. We also have some pulling out of withered things. There is however one bit of color that has brought a smile to my face. These yellow tulips are so lovely. Such a vibrant color. It's the last of three bunches that have bloomed every year. Seems the local rabbit population likes my tulips too. LOL, they didn't eat these this year. Here is another pic of the tulip closeup blowing in the breeze.



Haven't had extended lengths of time to quilt,crochet or sew. I don't have any projects to share that are finished. Still crocheting away on the baby blanket. I did attend my free motion quilting class. Lotsa fun and more on that in another post.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oooo, that's quite pretty. I'm glad Christina asked, I wasn't sure what it was either. Hmmm, maybe another craft coming my way?

Anonymous said...

LOL Sue, I said something similiar to the lady teaching us that day. I told her, "My husband will be happy to hear there is yet another craft addiction in my future."

Anonymous said...

LOL Sue, I said something similiar to the lady teaching us that day. I told her, "My husband will be happy to hear there is yet another craft addiction in my future."