Monday, July 21, 2008

New Books ....

I would love to be able to purchase these new books that are out. You can never have too many idea and pattern books. This one is Amy Butler's new book that is not out yet, but you can get it at a pre order price from Amazon. I love making homemade baby gifts for new mom's to be and this would be a good book to have in my sewing library.



Here is another one that I would love to have in my library. It's yet another sweet baby pattern book as well. The author of this one is Valerie Van Arsdale Shrader



My birthday is coming up soon, so I may need to put a gift request in...haha!

Tomorrow hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can post pics and I will do a couple of book reviews for you.

Until then, happy sewing!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Cheryl, Thanks for the link to the "Skip-Stitch" tool. How ingenious!

The only reason it may not work on flannel (or other woven fabric) is if it actually cuts the fabric. When I crochet an edging with a crochet hook, the hook goes through the fabric between the fibers without actually cutting any fibers.

...Oh, I see on their website where they have a blade for lighter weight fabric like flannel. I'm going to have to take a good look at this tool.

Sue said...

I'd love to read your reviews on the books! The Amy Butler book looks good as does the other one you listed. I didn't even know either of those were out (or soon to be out).

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue,
I don't have those books. I don't think they will be available until late Sept. or Oct. I will be doing a review on some other sewing books I have and sharing some pics of things made with patterns from them if I can figure out out to upload my pics with the new camera.

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue,
I don't have those books. I don't think they will be available until late Sept. or Oct. I will be doing a review on some other sewing books I have and sharing some pics of things made with patterns from them if I can figure out out to upload my pics with the new camera.