Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The domino effect...

Okay, so in the process of shopping my house for the two rooms I want to redo I have come to realize that I need to get some spring cleaning done and declutter in not one just one room, but many. We have so much stuff...just stuff. Stuff we don't use. Stuff we haven't used. Stuff that probably someone else can use.

Our pastor said something in a sermon recently. He asked the congregation if they were rich. It was a rehetorical question. You see he was sharing that in America, if you have a roof over your head, food and clothes on your back those are the basics. Most of us have the basics, but if you have more than that....and most of us do; then you are rich. It was some statistic he had found. I found that interesting and pondered about it later on. Made me start thinking about the things we don't use and others could use that may need it. Soooo, for the next few days I will probably be putting things together to get ready for a spring yard sale and taking things to Goodwill and just generally throwing things out.

I also stumbled on this blog:
http://mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-organized-pantry.html you have to check out the post I linked you with. She redid her pantry and I was just so inspired. I love how it looks like a piece of furniture instead of a pantry with a door. Great thing is that because she went through the trouble to organize everything she was able to throw things out that were outdated and not have two and three things of one particular thing. It's all consolidated and looking lovely.

What are you doing to get ready for spring?Pin It Now!

No comments: