Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home Decor Inspiration from blogland..

When last years Pottery Barn catalog came out I fell in love with those subway wall art signs. They had different kinds with different names of streets of a certain town. There was another one that had a hand pointing on it with verbage. They were very cool. Here is one similiar from art style.I tried to think of a way I could make them myself cause there was no way the hubs was letting me spend that kind of money on something decorative...and rightfully so. Well, I ran ways to make it in my head, but they weren't efficient or even do able. I have since been surfing in the wonderful world of blogland and I am hear to tell you that two wonderfully creative ladies have been gracious enough to share how they did it. Each one gives step-by-step directions with great pics to go along with it. So, if you are wanting some DIY art to display in your home give their links a read.

Check out Ashley's version over at http://lilblueboo.blogspot.com/2010/01/resolutions-subway-art-tutorial.html

Here is Susie's version from http://susieharrisblog.com/2010/01/i-amdiy.html


Happy Decorating!Pin It Now!

5 comments:

BumbleBee Bagz said...

soooo....did you make one?

Cheryl said...

Hey Christine!
Nope, didn't make one yet. I want to do mine on a stretched canvas. Been waiting for them to go half off at Hobby Lobby. Think I am going to do the one with different street names from where we grew up and put it in our living room.

Kelly O. said...

I agree--I'm so glad those ladies shared their techniques!

Katy said...

Thanks for sharing the links to the other sites - what creative people! I LOVE this kind of art - amazing!

Anonymous said...

I would love to make one of those subway signs soon. I cant wait to see what you come up with...it's gonna be pretty I just know it ;)