Monday, March 31, 2008

THANGLES

Do you quilt? Have you ever used thangles? They are a wonderful thing if you don't like doing math with squares that call for seven eighths in them. These are a time saver and you will love them. I am hoping to pop out a couple of QUICK quilts with these nifty Thangles. If you want to see how to use them, check out this YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4p-vpLScRw

There is another YouTube video series on this link.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Thangles&search_type=

This gal from Expert Village in Utah shows you step-by-step how to sew and cut Thangles. Very nicely done. She also states that 85% of quilting is half square triangles. I didn't know that. This will definitley be a time saver then. If anyone has used these, please leave me a comment on how you liked using them.

Hopefully in the next week or so I will be able to post pics of the finished quilt that is blue and yellow ; as well as the new one I will be making using the Thangles.

Until then.....
Happy QuiltingPin It Now!

No comments: