Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thrifting

I have been reading on lots of blogs the wonderful treasures people find thrifting. Today I decided to try my hand at it. I visited our local Goodwill store. No craft books in the book section. No sewing books, no crochet books...naddah. I couldn't believe it. I was bummed. Nothing in the linen department either. Was hoping to find some old sheets to make some picnic quilts. I did however scope out some tweed and wool sportcoats. Lots of neat plaids and tartans. Thought if I bought maybe six or ten I could put together a pretty warm quilt for our family to use when we go camping in the fall. At $4.99-$6.99 a coat, I didn't think that was too bad. So, I may head back there tomorrow to get some coats to cut up and turn into a warm quilt.



Another thing that I loved, but have nowhere to put it was a vintage picnic basket. Reminded me of the kind my mom had when we were kids. You know the kind with the two handles that you can fold down and the lid flips up and the bottom part of the basket is green. It look kind of like this one, but the body of the basket was a dark green. The price was just right too...$4.99! I tell ya, if I had some place to put it, I would of bought it.

Ah well, better luck next time when I head out to a different store.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Gen said...

Girl go get the basket LOL i bet you can find a place for it that was a great price and the color sounds nice as well