Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WHAT'S YOUR STYLE??

I was surfing and found this cool website. Here is the link:http://www.sproost.com/

You fill out a survey based on pictures of rooms you like, hate, love, etc. and at the end of the survey it tells you what your style is. I was surprised to find mine out. Here is what it said mine is:

Nantucket Style. You wouldn't know it if I gave you a tour of our house. Speaking of which I said I would be doing sometime ago. We have had a lot of overcast days here. It makes for bad indoor photos. It's sunny today, so maybe I will snap some pics of humble abode and you all can help me achieve the Nantucket style with what I have.


I plan on using this tutorial http://pinkandpolkadot.blogspot.com/2008/08/laziest-slipcover-tutorial-ever.html to try and cover my wing chair in our living room. I also bought this book on slipcovering to help me as well. If you want to look inside the book, you can click on this link to see what all they cover in the book. http://www.amazon.com/Slipcover-Style-Alison-Wormleighton/dp/0873496205/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239805216&sr=8-1#reader

I fell in love with Layla's drop cloth curtains over at the Lettered Cottage. You can find her here talking about them. http://theletteredcottage.blogspot.com/2009/04/dropcloth-drapes.html
I plan on doing the drop cloth curtains in the family room and dining room. I may add a band of color on them. Not sure where though. Maybe along the sides of the curtain. maybe at the bottom. We'll see. Shoot, at less than $10 a bag for drapes, I am sure I will figure something out. I also plan on using a drop cloth to practice my slipcovering on my wing chair. Wish me luck!

I love Layla's style. Very laid back, comfy, and cottagey. Is that a word? If you haven't been to her site before you are in for a treat. My two most fave rooms in her house are her kitchen and guest bedroom. Give her a looksee and tell her "hello."


Well, I am off to get some errands and housework done. I did post the winner of the giveaway yesterday, so please be sure to scroll down and look at that post.


Have a blessed day!Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Gen said...

Love the new blog photo! so cozy looking. gonna have to take that style quiz u know i haven't figured mine out yet i like everything LOL Hope u and the family are doing well hugs