Monday, July 20, 2009

Tour of my home....PART II



Thanks to everyone that posted suggestions on the foyer and the living room. Loved your ideas. I may have to do research on distressing furniture before I actually try it Christine.


I am definitely going to slipcover and do pillows...it's just a matter of when. I am excited and a little nervous about attempting the slipcover. I need to just get over it and DO IT!!


And now, the tour continues. Across from the living room is the dining room. This is what you see from the living room if you are sitting on the couch. I should of closed the curtains and put the chandelier light on. Sorry the room is so dark. You can click on it to see it bigger if you like. That table and buffet and four chairs we got on sale at a local furniture store. I wanted a table from Pottery Barn, but didn't want to pay the price. Their table was $1500 all by itself. We bought this table and four Windsor chairs and the buffet for less than $1400! And yes, it's all wood. No veneers. We wanted to be able to seat 12 people comfortably. We already had six ladder back chairs. One thing though that Idon't like is that the ladder back chairs are pine and we bought and stained them years ago...the finish kind of looks mahogany..reddish type of look and the Windsor chairs are Oak as is the table and buffet. All this to say that sometime in the future we are painting all the chairs black. I know, things don't have to be matchy , matchy, but I like uniformity and things pleasing to the eye.

Here is a closeup of the Windsor chair and part of the table. Love it! Those holes that you see on the apron of the table is where we slip the sleeves in and there are locks under the table to keep it secure. This table is huge with the sleeves. It can seat 12 people comfortably.

And here is a pic of the ladder back chair. Hopefully you can see it and see how the stain is dramatically red against the oak.




Directly behind the chair that you see to the right is the buffet. Love this piece. It's just deep enough to hold a lot of extra linens and other stuff that I can't fit in the kitchen cabinets. But as you will see in the next photo I am slacking in the vignette department on it. Again, not the greatest pic to see. You can click on it to see it bigger. We've moved a lot. Everyone time I start hanging stuff on the walls and getting the house fixed just the way I like it, We have to move. So, as you tour, you will see few things on my walls for that very reason. That runner is a Christmas runner. I really need to change that out. Mostly everything on that buffet will come off except the candle and the dough bowl. I plan to put that print in another room. I have purchased a vinyl phrase from Upper Case living and it will go above the buffet. The phrase says, "Come gather at our table."









I have one more of the dining room and lots more of the kitchen, but I have to pick up my son from golf camp. I will post more of the tour later this afternoon.


Enjoy!







Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi Nelson said...

I really like your floor. But I can't tell if it's hardwood or laminate. Would love to know.